Appointments at our Newark & Smyrna Locations!
Call to schedule today!
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a health science that early physicians in East Asia have been using for more than 5,000 years to treat pain and dysfunction in the body. There are over 1,000 “acupoints” on the body, which directly affect the energy network right below the surface of the skin that affect internal organs and structures. Acupuncture has been met with success all over the world and is considered the most effective healing science.
Acupuncture helps people with numerous ailments such as:
Anxiety or Distress
How does Acupuncture work?
Hair-thin needles are inserted into acupuncture points or points of heat in order to bring endorphins and energy, promoting your body to heal itself.
What will My Acupuncturist Do?
During an initial examination, a full health history is taken. Questions are asked regarding health, symptoms, and lifestyle. An appropriate physical examination may be conducted which may include a pulse and tongue evaluation. This information is organized to create a complete, accurate, and comprehensive diagnosis of where the blocks/imbalances are in the body. Visits usually last 30-90 minutes.
Is Acupuncture safe?
Acupuncture is an extremely safe, all-natural drug-free therapy, yielding no negative side effects, just feelings of relaxation and well-being. You may experience vague numbness, heaviness, tingling, or dull ache where the needle is inserted. All reactions are good and a sign that the treatment is working.
How Should I Prepare for the Visit?
- We’re here to help you! Write down and bring any questions you may have.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing for easy access to acupuncture points.
- Do not eat large meals just before or after your visit.
- Refrain from overexertion, working out, drugs, or alcohol for up to 6 hours after visit.
- Avoid stressful situations. Make time to relax, and be sure to get plenty of rest.
- Between visits, make note of any changes that may have occurred, such as alleviation of pain, pain moving to other areas, or changes in frequency and type of symptoms
Is Acupuncture covered by insurance?
Each health policy must be reviewed to determine acupuncture benefits. If Acupuncture is not covered, don't worry! Pure Wellness has set up affordable payment plans for this service. Contact us today!