Pure Wellness Acupuncture
Pure Wellness Acupuncture
Medical Appointments & Trigger Point Acupuncture (Dry Needling)
Medical appointments cover a wide variety of conditions, including joint pain, migraines, allergies, digestion, and women’s health. Appointments are typically around an hour and most patients will require several visits in a row. Generally, acute issues take 4 to 6 visits, while chronic issues may require longer term management, but each case is unique.
Trigger Point Acupuncture/Dry Needling
Generally included as a part of most orthopedic treatments during medical visits, this specific technique has been utilized by acupuncturists for many years in the United States. Licensed acupuncturists undergo hundreds of hours of training in needling techniques to ensure safety of patients during needle insertion and manipulation.
How does Acupuncture work?
Hair-thin needles are inserted into acupuncture points or points of heat in order to bring endorphins and energy, promoting your body to heal itself.
What will My Acupuncturist Do?
During an initial examination, a full health history is taken. Questions are asked regarding health, symptoms, and lifestyle. An appropriate physical examination may be conducted which may include a pulse and tongue evaluation. This information is organized to create a complete, accurate, and comprehensive diagnosis of where the blocks/imbalances are in the body. Visits usually last 30-90 minutes.
Is Acupuncture safe?
Acupuncture is an extremely safe, all-natural drug-free therapy, yielding no negative side effects, just feelings of relaxation and well-being. You may experience vague numbness, heaviness, tingling, or dull ache where the needle is inserted. All reactions are good and a sign that the treatment is working.
How Should I Prepare for the Visit?
- We’re here to help you! Write down and bring any questions you may have.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing for easy access to acupuncture points.
- Do not eat large meals just before or after your visit.
- Refrain from overexertion, working out, drugs, or alcohol for up to 6 hours after the visit.
- Avoid stressful situations. Make time to relax, and be sure to get plenty of rest.
- Between visits, make note of any changes that may have occurred, such as alleviation of pain, pain moving to other areas, or changes in frequency and type of symptoms
Is Acupuncture covered by insurance?
Each health policy must be reviewed to determine acupuncture benefits. If Acupuncture is not covered, don’t worry! Pure Wellness has set up affordable payment plans for this service.